Eating vegetables is always good for health. Considering the current pandemic situation we should take at least one vegetable every day. For example bitter gourd , but why should we eat bitter gourd? When there are so many options..
Well I must mentioned some of its benefits..
• It contains lots of vitamins A and C which is must to boost immunity.
• Healthy for skin and helps reducing high blood sugar.
• Helps reducing fungal infection and its juice much healthier to detox our body.
Also boiled veggies and juice vegetables both are equally best for our health. Bitter gourd fry with finely chopped onions and garlic is one the favorite side dishes for me and obviously it perfectly go with white steam rice. Here I used butter and carom seeds when frying. Here is my presentation the way I have done…
· Slices of bitter gourd (thinner slices) -3 nos.
· Onion slices (finely slices) -1 big size
· Chopped garlic (1/2 tsp) -2-3 garlic clove only.
· Green chili slices-2-4 nos.
· Little bit turmeric powder
· Little bit chili powder
· Salt as per taste
· Carom seeds-1/2 tsp.
· Mustard oil or Butter-1 -2tsp. (I used butter and it gives a different fragrance).
· Heat a frying pan. Add oil or butter.
· Add carom seed and just after 4-5 seconds add garlic and sauté for 10 seconds only.
· Then add onion and green chili sauté for 5 minutes. Add bitter gourd, salt and powders. Mix well and cook for 15 -20 minutes at low flame covering with lid.
· It became dry and will be looked brown in colour.
· Serve hot with white steam rice…. That’s it so simple and healthy. Try yourself if not yet.