Hot stream rice and any fish may be fried or simple curry and what more that’s enough and favourite lunch for most of us means for Bongs. Not to mention I like varieties of fishes and experimenting with them. The simple thin gravy of cumin and ginger paste with vegetables is well known and healthy too and for recovering patients.
Now if thin curry is good for health then what’s wrong with rich gravy of catfish? Need not to say this healthy vitamin (D) reached cat fish with thick gravy is both good in taste and health. Here I am sharing my catfish curry….Hope you will like it..
· Catfish(wash and mix 1 tsp of lemon juice in it)-10 pieces
· Onion paste-1no(medium size)
· Ginger-garlic paste-2tsp.
· Turmeric Powder-1/2tsp.
· Kashmiri red chili powder-1tsp.
· Cumin powder-1tsp.
· Green chili slices- 2-3no.
· Coriander leaves-1 handful
· Nutmeg and mace powder-1/8tsp.
· Salt to taste
· Mustard oil for frying and making gravy
· Wash freshly marinated Catfish again (previously it was marinated with lemon juice) and now mix little bit of turmeric powder and salt in it.
· Heat mustard oil, deep fry in hot oil first for some time and keep fish pieces in medium flame. Keep aside fried pieces.
· In the remaining oil add little bit more oil .when hot add onion paste, sauté till it looks brown in colour.
· Next add ginger-garlic paste and cook for 5-6 minutes adding salt.(If required can be add 2 tsp of water during this time)
· When oil will float on top add all dry spice powder like green chilies and coriander leaves and mix well. Add 1 cup of water and salt if require.
· When it begins boiling add fried fish pieces in it. Boil for 7-8 minutes more covering lid.
· After switching off the flame , sprinkle nutmeg and mace powder over it.
· Give 5 minutes to settle it, and now it is ready to serve hot .
· It is excellent with hot stream rice or even fried rice.