If you want to lose weight naturally and want to keep your body healthy, this Spinach Buttermilk soup is for you.
Green vegetables, yoghurt are always good for health and help to lose weight. If you combine both then nothing likes itJ.
Spinach helps to get to your body natural Iron, Calcium and Vitamin together and helps to prevent the constipation problem. It is very healthy for to be mother too as it carries lots of folic acid.
Spinach is very good for children. My daughter’s doctor always suggests to feed red Saag (Lal Saag) and spinach (Palak / Palang Saag) for children .The reason behind is , it helps to increase the immunity power as there are lots of iron within red Saag and spinach.
Here in addition I used buttermilk (chaas) to make this soup. Instead you can use yoghurt.
Not to mention buttermilk or chaas is tasty, healthy and one of daily drinks of North India good for digestion too.
Homemade buttermilk can be made with basically using milk or yoghurt.
1) If you want to make using milk, use 1/2 tsp of lemon juice or vinegar in one cup of milk and leave it for 1/2 an hour. It will be curdled .This is called original buttermilk
2) Instead if you use yoghurt, then mix 1 cup of yoghurt with 2 cups of water and beat well for at least 10 minutes. After beating it will be looked like foamy and frothy. This is Buttermilk too with bit diff taste.
Frankly speaking I also had no idea about the original buttermilk. Now, I used to make buttermilk at home. After shifting North India, I saw and learnt the original process of making chaas or buttermilk. They basically make chaas from buffalo milk which is full of cream. Using those fresh buffalo milk they first make yoghurt and on the very next day they mix chilled water into it and beat very well for at least 10. This beating process separates out buttery foamy portion from liquid. Foamy portion comes on top and liquid at the bottom known as Chaas or Buttermilk.
· Spinach-250 grams
· Buttermilk (Chaas)-1 cup
· Chopped onion-1 medium size
· Garlic -6-7 pods +chopped fresh garlic 1 tsp.
· Fenugreek seeds-1/8 tsp.
· Salt to taste
· Butter- 1 ½ tsp.
· Boil water in a pan .Blanch the spinach leaves with little bit of salt. Then remove from heat and strain it.
· Heats a frying pan. Add butter. When melts add onion and garlic .Sauté for 1 minute.
· Add spinach leaves, salt and sauté for a minute. Remove from heat and cool it.
· Make a fine paste of this mixture.
(Before making the paste definitely cool the mixture, otherwise it will be split and can make your wall and floor dirty 🙂 ).
· Again heat a frying pan and add butter. When melt add Fenugreek seeds and then and then add the spinach paste .Mix well and then add buttermilk in it.
· Mix and let it boil for 9-10 minutes at low flame covering the lid.(If you want some more liquid, can add 1/4 cup of water during this time.)
· Pour the soup in serving bowl.
· For garnishing heat another small Kadai or pan. Add 1/2 tsp of butter in it .When melt the butter switch off the flame and add 1 tsp of chopped garlic in it. Toss it and sprinkle over on the top of soup .Serve hot.