Sarson ka saag and Makki ki roti’ is a pride of Panjabi food.There are variety of dishes in this cuisine heavily influenced by fresh agricultural and farm ingredients and each are unique in taste.
Sarson ka Sag is a thick gravy dish which used to prepare after making a paste of all types of saag together.The taste of Sarson ka saag ( mustard leaves) is little bit dominating and that’s why the other types of saag have to mix with it to release it’s domination.Generally spinach is used with mustard leaves,but sometimes others saag also can be used to make it.
· Make a smooth paste of tomatoes and 1 inch piece of ginger.
· After first whistle of the cooker, switch off the flame and wait till the vapor comes out from cooker and let them cool and blend together .(If blend in hot situation it will come in flow and can make your kitchen dirty).
· Pour this paste in a bowl and mix maize flour mixture in it.
· Then add prepared tomato puree, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and cook till oil is floating over it.
· Add Saag mixture in it. If need can add salt according to taste. Mix well and cook for 6-8 minutes. It will be thicken and done. Switch off the flame.