Are you in hurry? Do you need quick cooking along with other household chores? Then obviously you should go with microwave cooking .I love it yet for some reason I rarely use micro for daily based cooking. Mainly I use this for quick heating of refrigerated foods like others.
Before some days, during summer vacation few of my lil’s school mom’s arranged a potluck party for a change and enjoyment for our naughty kids. Where one of our friends had brought chicken curry, rather it should better to say pre-cooked marinated chicken in a micro proof container. We all gathered at one of the friends place and while we were gossiping she put the bowl in micro oven and set the timer. Within half an hour it became ready to serve and really it was turned out awesome. The chicken pieces were cooked well from inside well. Since it was especially for kids, my friend ignored green chillies. All kids enjoyed it a lot. We, elders also loved this recipe.
Today I am just presenting this recipe with few changes and adding green chillies for the on-going online event organized by Kolkata Food Bloggersto feature out one of our co-blogger friends, Indrani from Recipe Junction .This unique event is a series of theme based cooking, where one of our KFBian will make a rule for a particular type of cooking and others have to follow rule every alternate week. So this simple and easy microwave dish had not been taken from any blog or had not followed recipe of any particular chef, rather from a mom chef who always try to invent and introduce a new recipe for their loved ones
· Chicken with bone (preferred small chicken or chicken pieces from that portion which is soft) -500 grams.
· Chopped onion – 1 larger size
· Ginger paste – 1 tbsp.( Heaped)
· Garlic paste -1 tbsp. (Heaped)
· Onion paste of one onion
· Tomato paste(using blender)- 2 tomatoes
· Salt to taste
· Green chillies sliced -2 nos.
· Garam masala powder (including cardamom, cinnamon and clove) -1/4 tsp.
· Whole Garam masala -2 cardamoms,2 cloves and 1″cinnamon stick.
· Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp.
· Red chili powder -1/2 tsp.
· Bay leaf -1 no
· Mastered oil- 2 tbsp.
· Wash and clean chicken pieces. Then marinade with all mentioned ingredients except oil and chopped onion. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 an hour.
· Take a big micro wave proof bowl. Put oil and chopped onion and mix well. Microat high power for 3 minutes.
· Then add whole Garam masala and bay leaf and micro at high power for 50 seconds. Pull the bowl out.
· Next add marinated chicken and mix well.
· Covering with a lid or aluminium foil put it in to micro oven and cook at high power for 15 minutes.
· Notice oil begins to float on top. Now add 3/4 cup of warm water (can be used normal water) and mix.
· Cook for another 7-10 minutes. That’s it, it is ready to serve with rice or Indian bread.
For more microwave recipes follow Indrani’s blog Recipe Junction.
The recipe is published for the ongoing KFB online event: